1. Room Prices: Room prices quoted on our website are in US Dollars. Our quoted prices include all applicable tourism taxes with no additional fees. Our quoted room prices do not include gratuity to our staff, which is optional to our customers.
2. Reservations & Cancellations: Room reservations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Room reservations require a deposit of the first night room rate, which can be paid by bank deposit or by credit card at the time of reservation. All cancellations will be charged first night room rate as penalty.
3. Payment: payment can be made by Cash, Bank Deposit, Bank Wire Transfer or Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard only). No checks are accepted with the exception of checks drawn on local Panamanian banks.
4. Children: Children ages 0 to 6 years of age stay free of charge. Children ages 7 and up count as adults for room rate purposes.
5. Check-In: Valid Government ID’s (Drivers License or State ID) or Passports only. We require presentation of ID/Passport in order to asure the safety of all guests. Check-In starts after 2:00 p.m., although we allow early check-in with advance notice (so that we have time to prepare the room). You must be 18 years or older to rent a room. If you plan to check-in after 7:00 p.m., please notify us so we do not cancel your reservation.
6. Check-Out: Check-Out time is at 12:00 noon (with advance notice we can make exceptions for late check-out if room is not rented that night). A room inspection is done at the time of check-out, to ensure inventory of all room items (sheets, pillows, towels, furniture, lamps, TV, refrigerator, etc.), and check that no damage has been done to the property.
7. Damage to Property: if any room items are stolen or if any damage to the property is found to be caused by the renter of the room, the renter will be charged with the full costs for repairing the damages or replacing any missing room items. For this reason, the renters credit card information is requested at the moment of check-in.
8. Business Operation Schedule: our Reception Office is open every day, 24 hours per day. Our administrator and sub-administrator work from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. Our night assistant attends customers after 9:00 pm.
9. Room Assignments: Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. We have 6 standard rooms (4 people max), 4 suites with kitchenettes (3 people max), and 1 family suite with kitchenette (6 people max).
10. Personal Property: Hotel Santa Catalina will not take responsibility for any lost personal items. All rooms are equipped with security lockers and / or safes, and all personal items should be stored in the security locker or safe. Needless to say, we have never had any issues with security at our hotel, and your belongings are very safe.
11. Curfew: Hotel Santa Catalina does not have a curfew and there are no lock-outs. We expect our guests to be respectful of others who are sleeping.
12. Guests: no third party guests are permitted in the rooms for the safety and protection of our customers.
13. Social Areas: our social areas are open 24 hours per day for all our guests to enjoy.
14. Bar/Restaurant: our bar/restaurant, Bannaba, is offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant opens at 7:30 am and closes at 11:00 pm. We do not offer a public kitchen for our guests, however, we do include a mini-refrigerator in each room to store your beverages or food, plus our suite rooms have kitchenettes that are equipped with electric stove top, and basic cooking equipment.
15. Laundry: Bed linens, pillow covers and blankets are changed daily free of charge (included in the room rate). Any personal clothing items that require laundry may be washed for a fee of US$5.00 per load which must be paid at the reception office.
16. Internet Service: we offer Free Wi-Fi Internet services at our restaurant. The internet service in Santa Catalina is provided by the cellular phone company called MasMovil (Cable & Wireless) as well as Claro and MoviStar (Telefonica), and the internet browsing speed ranges from 2G to 3G, however, speeds may vary or be even slower than that depending on the volume of customers on the network at the time of use.
17. Group Reservations: if you are interested in a group reservation, we can offer special room rates, transport and meal packages. Please contact us for availability and pricing details. Our hotel currently has capacity for up to 42 people (11 rooms – Singles & Suites).
18. Private Shuttle Service: the shuttle service to Santa Catalina is provided by independent van / bus owners, and their fees are variable, depending on the number of people, and the season. Please contact us for pricing and transport details.
19. Smoking: absolutely no smoking is permitted inside of our rooms. If you smoke on our property, you must not litter our property with cigarette butts – please deposit your extinguished butts in the trash cans.
20. Drugs: absolutely no illegal drugs are permitted in our property.
21. Room Keys: We have a limited number of copies of each room key. Each room key is on a key ring with a wooden surfboard that was hand-made by an artisan. For this reason, if you lose your room key, we will have to charge you for the cost of the replacement of the key and key ring. To avoid losing your key when you go to the beach or on boat tours, we recommend that you leave your room key with the reception office.