1. Room Prices: Room prices quoted are rack rates only in US dollars, include applicable 10% required tourism taxes and are subject to availability at time of reservation. Prices may change without notice. Certain blackout dates, day of arrival and length of stay restrictions may apply, and may vary by arrival date and do not include optional tips / gratuities unless otherwise noted.
2. Reservations & Cancellations: room reservations require a deposit of the first night room rate, which can be paid by bank deposit or by credit card at the time of reservation. All cancellations will be charged first night room rate as penalty. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
3. Payment: payment can be made by Cash, Wire Transfer, or Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard only). No checks are accepted with the exception of checks drawn on local Panamanian banks.
4. Children: Children ages 0 to 6 years of age stay free of charge. Children ages 7 and up pay the adult rate.
5. Check-In: Valid Government ID’s (Drivers License or State ID) or Passports only. We require presentation of ID/Passport in order to assure the safety of all guests. Check-In starts after 2:00 p.m. You must be 18 years or older to rent a room. If you plan to check-in after 7:00 p.m., you must notify us so we do not cancel your reservation.
6. Check-Out: Check-Out time is at 12:00 noon. A room inspection is done at the time of check-out, to ensure inventory of all room items (sheets, pillows, towels, furniture, etc.), and check that no damage has been done to the property. Late check-outs will be charged an extra fee.
7. Damage to Property: if any room items are stolen or if any damage to the property is determined to be caused by the renter of the room, the renter will be charged with the full costs for repairing the damages or replacing any missing room items.
8. Business Operation Schedule: our Reception Office is open every day, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our night manager may be located by ringing the front entrance door bell for assistance.
9. Bed & Room Assignments For Shared Rooms (Dorm Rooms): All beds and rooms are allocated on the day of arrival. All beds available or confirmed are not necessarily in the same room. There is no guarantee a group of 2 or more people will be in the same room nor can we guarantee a booking will have the same bed and room throughout the duration of your stay. We are also unable to guarantee the type of room you initially request. We all do our absolute best to ensure that you stay in one place and with friends but we cannot guarantee it!
10. Personal Property: Hotel Santa Catalina will not take responsibility for any lost personal items. All rooms are equipped with security lockers and all personal items should be stored in the security locker.
11. Curfew: Hotel Santa Catalina does not have a curfew and there are no lock-outs, however, our reception office is closed after 5:00 pm, so if you lose your room key you will have to contact the hotel night shift manager and request a new key, for an additional fee. If you are staying in a shared room, we expect you to be respectful of others who are sleeping.
12. Guests: no third party guests (other than those checked-in at our hotel) are permitted in the hotel rooms for the safety and protection of fellow travelers.
13. Social Areas: our social areas are open 24 hours per day for all our guests to enjoy.
14. Bar/Restaurant: our “Pescao” Restaurant is open daily for breakfast from 7:00 am to 10:00 am, for lunch from 12 noon to 3 pm, and for dinner from 6 pm to 10 pm. We do not offer a public kitchen for our guests to cook food, however, our suite rooms include a kitchenette for light cooking.
15. Laundry: we offer room laundry service daily from Monday through Saturday at 12:00 noon. Laundry is closed on Sundays. Bed linens, pillow covers and blankets are changed daily free of charge. Any personal clothing items that require laundry may be washed for a fee of US$1 per item which must be paid at the reception office or billed to the room.
16. Internet Service: we offer free Wi-Fi Internet services in our restaurant and pool areas. The internet service in Santa Catalina is provided by the cellular phone company called Claro and Cable & Wireless, and the internet browsing speed is up to 3G, however, speeds may vary or be even slower than that depending on the volume of customers on the network at the time of use.
17. Group Reservations: if you are interested in a group reservation, we can offer special room rates, transport and meal packages. Please contact us for availability and pricing details. Our hotel currently has capacity for up to 42 people (6 standard rooms @ 4 pax/room + 4 suite rooms @ 3 pax/room + 1 family room @ 6 pax/room)..
18. Private Shuttle Service: the shuttle service to Santa Catalina is provided by an independent van / bus owner, and holds up to 10 passengers. Please contact us for pricing and reservations.
19. Pets: due to noise (barking) that causes complaints among other guests in nearby rooms, Pets are generally not allowed in our hotel, however we do make exceptions for small pets if the hotel is not full during your visit – please contact us for details.
20. Smoking: absolutely no smoking is permitted inside of our rooms. If you smoke on our property, you must not litter our property with cigarette butts – please deposit your extinguished butts in the trash cans.
21. Drugs: absolutely no illegal drugs are permitted in our property.
22. Room Keys: when you leave the property during the daytime hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm) we ask that you leave your room key with the reception office, so to avoid that the room key does not get lost. If a room key is lost, we charge a fee of $20 to replace it due to the cost of the key ring which is a specially made hard wood surfboard key ring made by a local artisan.